The Florida Fall Festival
- When: Saturday, October 29th, 2016
- Where: Downtown Monticello (Dogwood Street)
- Why: Charity Event for Habitat for Humanity & Jefferson Senior Center
- FREE Plates of Food for All Veterans and Active Duty, Law Enforcement, First Responders and Senior Citizens.
- General Admission: $1.00 OR A Non Perishable Food Item
- Pie Contest: $20 Per Pie entry ($100 Winner X 3 Categories)
- Pie Eating Contest: $20 Per Contender ($100 Winner)
- Pumpkin Carving Contest: $10 Per Pumpkin Entry ($50 Winner x 3 Categories)
- Halloween Costume Contest: FREE Entry (5 Categories)
- Pumpkin Catapult Contest ($100 Per Team with a $400 Winner)
- Double Elimination Cornhole Contest ($20 Per Team with $100 Winner)
- FSU VERSUS Clemson on the Projector Outside and Lazy Lizard Inside!
- Facebook Invite HERE Sponsor Information available HERE
Happy Fall! We here at G-FAST love the cool weather and want to invite you to a day filled with competitions, contests, food and lots of fun! We’ve built contests for all ages, shapes and sizes to enjoy. Saturday starts off early with a bang and continues with contests and raffles all the way into the night. Each one of the contests or competitions have their own rules and regulations but this schedule of events will act as a menu what’s in store for The Florida Fall Festival! Please note that we have early morning, late morning, early afternoon and even evening contests and events so pick one, pick two or pick them all!
- 12:00: Street Festival / Games
- 1:00: Pumpkin Carving Contest (Stage 2)
- 2:00 Corn Hole Tournament & Registration
- 2:30: Pumpkin Trophy Presentation
- 3:00: Pie Baking Competition
- 4:30 Band Setup
- 5:00 Live Music
- 5:00: Pie Trophy Presentation (Stage 2)
- 4:00: Pie Eating Competition
- 5:15: Pie Eating Trophy Presentation
- 6:30: Halloween Costume Contest
- 8:00 Halloween Costume Trophy Presentation
- 8:30 – Lazy Lizard Costume Party
Details and Rules Per Contest and Competition
Pumpkin Carving Contest
This is a fairly simple contest that is open to everyone of all ages where the winner has the opportunity to take home cash, prizes and trophies. We have 3 different categories with the winner of each category receiving a “Best Of’ trophy and $75.00 (x3). The categories are as follows: 1) Scariest 2) Most Artistic 3) Celebrity Look-alike. The winners will be selected by a panel of judges alongside audience and attendee participation. Rules are: Any Pumpkin Size, Any Pumpkin Shape, Any Pumpkin Color, let’s just make it clear, ANY Pumpkin will do! All Pumpkins must be dropped off AFTER 7 on Friday night and before 3 on Saturday Afternoon to qualify. All Carved pumpkins will be put on display (At location to be announced). You do NOT have to be attendance to win but you do have to be there to collect a trophy! COST $10.00 Per Pumpkin Entered
Pie Baking Competition
This may be one of our hometown favorites after all, who doesn’t like pie? We have 3 separate categories and each category will have a winner that will be judged by a panel of pie enthusiasts via a “blind” competition. Our Pie Judges will be local community leaders who will judge them based on sight, smell and taste! The categories are 1) Fruit and Nut 2) Chocolate 3) Cream and Savory with each category winner taking home a $100 Prize. There will be trophies, cash and prizes handed out to the winners of the Pie Baking Competition.
All Pies must be delivered to the festival no earlier than 10:00 AM Saturday Morning and no later than 2:00 on Saturday Afternoon. We will update all pie contestants on the drop-off points prior to the event. Depending on how many pies we have to judge may sway the times the trophies are given but Pie on and be patient! Bring your A Game, Pie is a serious competition up here! COST $20.00 Per Pie Entered
Pie Eating Contest
This is pretty simple isn’t it? EAT AWAY FOR 2 MINUTES and see how many delicious pies you can gobble down for your chance to win the $100.00 Prize. We don’t really know just how many people want to gorge themselves into the pie competition BUT we will give trophies for 1st, second and third place winners. All competitors must sign a release and hold harmless to G-FAST prior to entering the competition. COST $20.00
Corn Hole Competition
Do you have what it takes to enter the Corn Hole Arena? If the answer is yes then prepare yourself for a double elimination Corn Hole Challenge. It’s only $10.00 Per Team to Enter with a payout of $100 to the winning team, $50 for second place and your money back for third! Rules are simple; on the board 1 point, in the hole 2 points and the first to get to 21 points moves on to the next round. We will have a total of 8 games going on at the same time slowly getting down to our top battle royale. Bring it. Trophies to follow; Everyone needs a corn-hole trophy above their fireplace.
Halloween Costume Contest
Bring your cute, bring your sweet, bring your SCARY as we’re going to be judging and awarding prizes for 6 separate categories including: Best Infant / Toddlers, Best 14 and under, Scariest, Best Couple, Most Unique and BEST Overall. We will be giving cash, gift certificates and trophies for our Costumed contenders so bring it and show us what you got! We will be using the audience as our judge so bring your family and make sure that they are prepared to MAKE SOME NOISE!